Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Video fun

This is a short post, just sharing some videos from school.

The first one is a video that my students sort of tricked me into making.

After I danced with them at a school assembly, my 11th graders wanted to get me to dance more. They told me that they were doing a project in ethics class about champeta, a very very common musical genre born in the "barrios" of Cartagena. The lyrics are usually pretty raunchy, but the music is very fun and lighthearted, and it is truly everywhere. I have really grown to enjoy champeta, especially because it is so fun to dance to.

So, instead of this ethics project, my students actually just made this video to copy the existing music video of this champeta song. It was a fun little goodbye gift from them, and it was a ton of fun to make. To my own demise, here it is:









The second video is one that my friend Natasha made for me at the request of my co-teacher, Rosalia. These are all photos and videos taken from my phone over this past year. Lots of good times with students :)




No comments:

Post a Comment